Here is some much needed reflection on my part. No matter how ‘bad’ I think I have it….there are always countless people who have it much, much worse. I am eternally grateful.
11) It wouldn’t be the land of the free if it wasn’t the home of the brave– I am so thankful for our veterans– especially my dad and all of my friends who have served in the military. Although every role serves a vital function in our armed forces, it boggles my mind all that is required of soldiers in combat and their families. What a sacrifice. Thank you.
12) Two words: my attorney.
13) I’d like to take a moment to acknowledge every ‘hater’ or anyone who has ever tried to hurt me or wanted me to fail. People like you make my happiness and accomplishments that much sweeter! Perhaps this isn’t the most mature statement I’ve ever uttered but it’s always nice to prove people wrong. Success is the sweetest revenge. 😉
14) Il Cortile makes my heart happy. I’ve only been there once– and have no idea when I can afford to eat there again– but it’s comforting just knowing it’s there waiting on me.
15) The fact that I’ll never stop hoping, dreaming, and planning is a reason to give thanks. I’ve already got an idea for a really promising and beneficial non-profit that won’t require much of an initial financial investment. Obviously I don’t have the proper time to devote to it now but I can’t wait until things settle and I can get started. There will never be enough time in my life for all the schooling and experience I want….and that’s exactly the way I like it.
16) So many little things bring a smile to my face. Whether it’s the man who drops his old magazines off for me at the office, an unexpected coffee from my coworker, bus drivers who give me a break [knowing that I usually have a pass], the supportive teachers at Adam’s school, or the staff at two local organizations that put us on a special Thanksgiving list– these things make my day and mean the world to me.
With infinite love, gratitude, and respect,