- I could get used to seeing this….
‘Insanity’ is the understatement of the 21st century for describing this past week. Let me attempt to make this convoluted story as clear and concise as possible:
- The three of us are moving to San Luis Obispo, California. We’re leaving tonight on the train. After spending most of the day tomorrow in Chicago we’ll head to the west coast on a direct ride.
- As unexpected as this move was for me….it was never out of the realm of possibility, having been something we’ve considered for months. Will and I did not make this decision lightly and we took into account the potentially negative effects this could have on Adam. Thankfully he has tons of cousins and a loving family to help ease the transition!
- While I will discuss the reasons for our move in greater detail later, suffice it to say money issues and the job market served as our impetus for the relocation. I’m still expoloring employment opportunities in my new home but Will has a job waiting on him as soon as we arrive. Now that I have a much better understanding of myself and the way my mind works, I am confident that graduate school is within my reach. Obviously I’m not going to make any major decisions until we settle– but it’s nice to know there’s a good college in town.
- I’ve already found a spiritual home in our new locale. As heartbreaking as it will be to leave Neshoba, immersing myself in this new community will help me navigate my surroundings and get my feet on the ground.
- TO EVERYONE: Because this is the first time I’ve been able to sit in front of a computer, privately, for any length of time…..I am still sifting through my 50+ messages on Facebook. I will respond to each and every one of you. Your patience is greatly appreciated.
- Leaving my best friends is going to be one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do. Keep in mind I was born and raised in Memphis and with the exception of a year in Oxford [only an hour away in Mississippi] for college, I’ve never left this place. Progressive as I may be– I am a southern girl through and through. I love the wonderful city of Memphis and it pains me to leave. I trust my nearest and dearest to hold down the fort for me while I am away. Maris McLoskey, Danielle Dunn, Seth Robertson, Megan Childers, Liv Blow, Ashley Hisky, and Neshoba Unitarian Universalist Church…..there are no words to describe how much I will miss you. Love to each and every one of my friends, even those I did not list.
- The next time I update we’ll be in California!! Until then…..
With infinite love, gratitude, and respect,